Monday, October 27, 2008

We've Got The Spirit!!!

As a lot of you know, it was Red Ribbon Week at school this week so the kids were able to dress up each day. We had fun coming up with something to wear each day from the things we had on hand here. I don't know who had more fun...the kids or me. I only got one picture of Jayden. Bailey had to dress up right along with the older two.

Monday it was dress up as your favorite hero day. Jayden was Luke Skywalker and Halle thought it would be kind of fun to be Catwoman.



Bailey wanted to dress up too and she chose this. So we called her Dash and she spent the rest of the day running as fast as she could. It fits her doesn't it?! ;)



Tuesday was Crazy Hair Day. Jayden had a mohawk and Halle had this!! I put about 20 little braids in her hair and then I got some craft wire and ran it through. When I was finished I told her to go look in the mirror. She did and all I could hear was her laughing. It was cute. I had a real hard time taking her serious for the rest of the day. We all got a pretty good kick out of it.



Of course Bailey wanted hers done too. She loves being just like Halle. "Mommy, do a mine a hair too!"



Wednesday was dress up like your favorite book character so Jayden was none other than Harry Potter. I didn't have any glasses so I fashioned some out of the same craft wire I used on Halle's hair. I thought it turned out pretty good. He came home and didn't have the scar anymore because the other kids said it didn't look like a scar so he wiped it off. Oh well, I tried.



This was a little tricky for Halle. We had this Captain Feathersword costume, so I talked her into the fact that the Wiggles were also in books and she didn't believe me so I pulled out the coloring book we have and that was all the convincing she needed. I had to make the eyepatch out of felt and yarn. She wasn't wearing the costume when she came home because she said it was too hot. Once again, I tried. :)



Last, but not least was sports day. They wore their soccer jerseys. Halle ended up winning a box top drawing and got this pink poodle. Jayden was in a bad mood because he didn't win, so he wouldn't let me take his picture. We had a fun week and I almost wish that every day were dress up day.

8 comments:

Mark said...

Great costumes! You are such a good mommy! I like coming up with costume ideas too, but I can't carry them out very well, so I leave that part up to Mark. He's much better at putting them together than I am. Maybe I'll just call you next time :)! Your kids are adorable.

Mark said...

I just realized that I'm signed in under Mark, but It's really Tricia!

The Prices said...

How fun! Trey's spirit week wasn't near as fun, in fact kind of lame. oh well.

The Sullengers said...

How fun - what a cute and creative mom you are!

Anonymous said...

Halle's hair is the best!!! You did such an awesome job. I feel like that inside some days:)

Lori Harris said...

Wow. You're an awesome mom to be so creative with all of the dress up days. How did you make the girls' hair stand straight up? Fun times.

Ashlee said...

Very Fun! We (the gym rejects:)) are getting together Wednesday at 11:45 at Leos! We hope you can come, and let anyone else that you talk to know! Hope to see you there.

Ginger said...

Char...your blog is the cutest blog ever. You are such a good mom. fun to see their pictures and read about it. Love you